The Ranch invites you to experience our one-hour, guided trail rides; suitable for any level of able-bodied rider over the age of 10.
This ideal family outing is at a walk-jog pace for everyone’s safety, and our friendly guides and quiet horses offer an entirely new perspective on the lovely tree-lined fields and forests that surround our farm in Oakville, Ontario. Keep an eye out for dear, coyote, hawks, falcons and other birds and wildlife – often completely unperturbed by the horses – giving riders a wonderful chance to get up-close.
Join us anytime of year and find out why the view from the saddle is the best view in the world!
Rate: $52.00 per person including photos and HST.
Reservations (highly recommended!): Book online or call the barn at 905-469-2989. We will need a visa or master card number in order to hold your spot, but you may pay as you like once you arrive. We require 24hours cancellation notice to avoid charges to your card; but you may cancel up to the time of the ride due to poor weather.
Ride Times (with a reservation please!):
- May 1st through October 31st: 7 days a week! Rides leave the barn at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm + 7pm ride available while daylight permits.
- November through April: Weekends and Holidays ONLY at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5 & 7pm when daylight permits.
What you’ll need:
- Our online waiver. Everyone who rides with us needs a valid waiver and rider’s under the age of 18 MUST have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- A Helmet. All riders of any age require a riding-approved helmet. We’ll loan you one for free during your ride!
- Arrive 30 minutes in advance of your ride. We need to get you signed in, give you all your instructions, match you with the right horse, and get everyone mounted and ready to go – and who likes to rush? If you do not arrive in advance, you may lose your reservation.
- Proper attire. Appropriate footwear is a must! A riding boot is the gold standard, but any shoe with a small heel will do. DO NOT wear flip flops or sandals! Long pants are also recommended, and its good to keep in mind that it can be a good deal cooler/colder at The Ranch as we usually have a windchill you won’t feel in the city. Bug spray and sunscreen are also (seasonally) a good idea.
- An eye on the weather. We ride rain or shine (though you don’t have to), but we DO cancel rides during thunderstorms. This activity is also footing dependent, so extreme ice or mud can also keep us in the barn – but don’t worry, we’ll call you to let you know if this is the case.