2019 Camp Dates:
Registration opens March 1st…
July 8th to 12th
July 22nd to 26th
August 12th to 16th
August 19th to 23rd
**please note that our cancellation policy has changed. Booking requires a 50% non-refundable deposit.
Have a horse-crazy son or daughter between the ages of 10 and 16?
The Ranch has over 30 years of experience hosting unforgettable camps. Each day camp session is jam-packed with riding, games, team challenges, riding, crafts and activities, riding, nature tours and…did we mention riding?
Our camps have a maximum of 18 campers so that each child has their own horse for the entire week of camp. Campers generally ride for 3 or more hours a day; once in a lesson, once on trial, and once in mounted games.
Horses never stop teaching us — they give us insight into ourselves, and skills that can be carried into every aspect of our lives.
At the Ranch, children work with fantastic counsellors, instructors and their peers to improve their equestrian abilities in a fun and comfortable setting with loads of personal attention. Our program stresses safe riding practices and emphasizes the responsibilities behind the enjoyment of riding — but we cleverly hide all that “responsible” stuff in a heap of fun!
The regular day camp sessions culminate in a horse show and cook-out where friends and family can watch and participate as their children showcase their new skills. The afternoon is complete with a campfire, meal and awards presentation…
Ranch campers emerge from the week with greater confidence and self esteem, having achieved goals both independently and through team work.
They have inevitably developed more refined communication skills, a toolbox full of solutions to meeting challenges, a gaggle of new friends who share a passion, and greatly improved riding skills.
Because our camps are so small, most of our spots go to return campers, so book early, and don’t hesitate to call us if you have any further questions. Also, see our safety page for an overview of our standards.
What our camp has to offer:
- Over 30 years of experience
- For kids aged 10 – 16 yrs
- Each camper has their own horse for the week
- Campers learn how to take care of their horse and how to ride their horse
- Lots of games with the horses and without
- Team challenges
- Nature tours
- LOTS of riding!
- Horse show and cook out with family and friends on the last day of camp
Cost: $500.00 (HST included), Enrol by clicking below, or call us at 905-469-2989
What You’ll Need:
- Camp runs from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Late pick up arrangements can be made on the first day of camp.
- 2 weeks before camp, all confirmed campers will receive an email with a registration form and waiver to be handed in on the first day of camp.
- Arrive between 8 and 8:30 on the first day of camp; payment is due in full at this time (by visa, master card or cash), and you will be asked to hand-in or complete a 2016 Camp Registration Form and waiver.
- If you are car-pooling PLEASE ensure that every child has registration and waiver forms completed by a parent or guardian.
- Children should arrive daily with lunch (no peanut products please), lots of liquids (there is also a pop & water machine on-site), a hat, sunscreen and bug spray. We recommend pants and riding boots for most activities, but you may also choose to pack a change of clothes (shorts and running shoes) for non-riding activities.
- Clear your schedule for Friday evening from 5pm to 7pm as you’ll be attending the Ranch Day Camp Horse Show and BBQ. All family members are welcome. Bring your camera and your appetite!