Welcome to our 43rd year of week-long summer day camp! Online Registration opens to the public on Family Day, February 20th!
- Week #1 – July 10th to 14th, 2023
- Week #2 – July 24th to 28th, 2023
- Week #3 – August 14th to 18th, 2023
- Week #4 – August 21st to 25th, 2023
** Please note that our cancellation/refund policy is strict (see below)**
Have a horse-crazy son or daughter between the ages of 10 and 16?
The Ranch has over 40 years of experience hosting unforgettable camps. Each day camp session is jam-packed with riding, games, team challenges, riding, crafts and activities, riding, nature tours and…did we mention riding?
Our camps have a maximum of 18 campers so there’s tons of personal attention with a ratio of 6 campers to one counsellor. Campers ride for 2 or more hours a day; once in a lesson, once on trial or in mounted games, and the week culminates in a horse show and cook-out where friends and family can watch and participate as their children showcase their new skills and enjoy a BBQ dinner!
Horses never stop teaching us — they give us insight into ourselves, and skills that can be carried into every aspect of our lives.
At the Ranch, children work with fantastic counsellors, instructors and their peers to improve their equestrian abilities in a fun and comfortable setting with loads of personal attention. Our program stresses safe riding practices and emphasizes the responsibilities behind the enjoyment of riding — but we cleverly hide all that “responsible” stuff in a heap of fun!
Ranch campers emerge from the week with greater confidence and self esteem, having achieved goals both independently and through team work.
They have inevitably developed more refined communication skills, a toolbox full of solutions to meeting challenges, a gaggle of new friends who share a passion, and greatly improved riding skills.
Because our camps are so small, most of our spots go to return campers, so book early, and don’t hesitate to call us if you have any further questions. Also, see our safety page for an overview of our standards.
What our camp has to offer:
**Please note that for summer 2023 we will require all campers show proof of vaccination. All coaches and camp councillors are fully vaccinated.
- Over 40 years of experience running summer riding camps
- For kids aged 10 – 16 yrs
- Campers learn how to take care of their horse and how to ride their horse
- Lots of games with the horses and without
- Team challenges
- Nature tours
- LOTS of riding!
- Horse show and cook out with family and friends on the last day of camp
Cost & Cancellation Policy:
- Camp is $600.00 per child per week. $300.00 plus HST is due in full at time of registration, and $300.00 plus HST is due (will be automatically charged to the credit card on file) on May 1st 2023. Enrol below, or call us at 905-469-2989. Unfortunately, because our camps are so small, we are unable to offer multi-child discounts.
- Late pick up arrangements (after 4:00pm) can be made on the first day of camp and cost $15.00 per day for up to 5pm pick up.
- Cancelled bookings 14 days or more prior to the start date of the camp session will be charged a $300.00+HST cancellation fee per session cancelled.
- Changes to a confirmed reservation (provided space is available) will be charged a $50.00 rebooking fee.
- NO refunds will be provided for bookings cancelled within 14 days or less to the start date of the camp session or once camp has commenced. NO EXCEPTIONS!
What You’ll Need:
- Camp runs from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm. Late pick up arrangements can be made on the first day of camp and cost $15.00 per day for up to 5pm pick up.
- Arrive between 8 and 8:30 on the first day of camp for camper check in. If you are car-pooling PLEASE ensure that every child has registration and waiver forms completed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children should arrive daily with lunch (no peanut products please), lots of liquids (water is provided for refillable containers), a hat, sunscreen and bug spray. We recommend pants and riding boots for most activities, but you may also choose to pack a change of clothes (shorts and running shoes) for non-riding activities.
- Clear your schedule for Friday evening from 5pm to 7pm as you’ll be attending the Ranch Day Camp Horse Show and BBQ. All family members are welcome. Bring your camera and your appetite!