Our week-long summer day camp format IS BACK for summer 2022. Online Registration opens to the public on March 1st!
- Week #1 – July 11th to 15th, 2022
- Week #2 – July 25th to 29th, 2022
- Week #3 – August 8th to 12th, 2022
- Week #4 – August 22nd to 26th, 2022
** Please note that our cancellation/refund policy has changed (see below), and ALL campers must provide proof of vaccination on the first day of camp**
Have a horse-crazy son or daughter between the ages of 10 and 16?
The Ranch has over 30 years of experience hosting unforgettable camps. Each day camp session is jam-packed with riding, games, team challenges, riding, crafts and activities, riding, nature tours and…did we mention riding?
Our camps have a maximum of 18 campers so that each child has their own horse for the entire week of camp. Campers ride for 2 or more hours a day; once in a lesson, once on trial or in mounted games, and the week culminates in a horse show and cook-out where friends and family can watch and participate as their children showcase their new skills and enjoy a BBQ dinner!
Horses never stop teaching us — they give us insight into ourselves, and skills that can be carried into every aspect of our lives.
At the Ranch, children work with fantastic counsellors, instructors and their peers to improve their equestrian abilities in a fun and comfortable setting with loads of personal attention. Our program stresses safe riding practices and emphasizes the responsibilities behind the enjoyment of riding — but we cleverly hide all that “responsible” stuff in a heap of fun!
Ranch campers emerge from the week with greater confidence and self esteem, having achieved goals both independently and through team work.
They have inevitably developed more refined communication skills, a toolbox full of solutions to meeting challenges, a gaggle of new friends who share a passion, and greatly improved riding skills.
Because our camps are so small, most of our spots go to return campers, so book early, and don’t hesitate to call us if you have any further questions. Also, see our safety page for an overview of our standards.
What our camp has to offer:
**Please note that for summer 2022 we will require all campers show proof of vaccination. All coaches and camp councillors are fully vaccinated.
- Over 40 years of experience running summer riding camps
- For kids aged 10 – 16 yrs
- Campers learn how to take care of their horse and how to ride their horse
- Lots of games with the horses and without
- Team challenges
- Nature tours
- LOTS of riding!
- Horse show and cook out with family and friends on the last day of camp
Cost & Cancellation Policy:
- $600.00 plus HST due in full at time of registration. Enrol below, or call us at 905-469-2989
- Late pick up arrangements (after 4:00pm) can be made on the first day of camp and cost $15.00 per day for up to 5pm pick up.
- Cancelled bookings 14 days or more prior to the start date of the camp session will be charged a $300.00+HST cancellation fee per session cancelled.
- Changes to a confirmed reservation (provided space is available) will be charged a $50.00 rebooking fee.
- NO refunds will be provided for bookings cancelled within 14 days or less to the start date of the camp session or once camp has commenced. NO EXCEPTIONS!
What You’ll Need:
- Camp runs from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm. Late pick up arrangements can be made on the first day of camp and cost $15.00 per day for up to 5pm pick up.
- Arrive between 8 and 8:30 on the first day of camp for camper check in. **Bring proof of vaccination for your child. If you are car-pooling PLEASE ensure that every child has registration and waiver forms completed by a parent or guardian.
- Children should arrive daily with lunch (no peanut products please), lots of liquids (water is provided for refillable containers), a hat, sunscreen and bug spray. We recommend pants and riding boots for most activities, but you may also choose to pack a change of clothes (shorts and running shoes) for non-riding activities.
- Clear your schedule for Friday evening from 5pm to 7pm as you’ll be attending the Ranch Day Camp Horse Show and BBQ. All family members are welcome. Bring your camera and your appetite!