We’re very invested in being able to offer a safe (and still fun) outdoor activity that limits the spread of Covid 19, so we thought it best to publicly share our protocols for trail rides.
Firstly, it’s important to say that if you’re immunologically compromised or otherwise at high risk, or if you’re anxious about exposure to Covid 19, its best to continue to limit your exposure and not engage in voluntary public activities including outdoor trail rides. Secondly, riding is still a high-risk activity and horseback riding related injuries can mean a trip to the ER for even the most experienced riders. During the Covid 19 pandemic emergencies are doubly risky – so just understand those risks before you decide to come.
All that said (and as Winston Churchill famously stated), there is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a human, and lets face it, we could all use a little vitamin H (horse) to cure our Covid cabin fever. So here’s what we’re doing to keep our riders as safe as possible:
- Riders must complete a pre-ride waiver to confirm they are symptom free and will follow “outdoor only” and physical distancing rules. Riders must also confirm that they are physically able to mount and dismount their horse un-aided by staff (with the use of a mounting block).
- All rides must be pre-paid online, and all waivers must be completed online in advance of each ride to eliminate any indoor office use.
- Riders will be asked to hand sanitize on arrival.
- Helmets (which have always been mandatory for all riders) will be disinfected with a proven anti-viral spray between uses, and saddles and reins will be wiped with clorox between rides.
- First aid certified Ranch staff will have gloves and masks in their portable first aid kits should an emergency occur.
Once riders are on horses and during the trail ride, physical distances are easily maintained!
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions or concerns. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the barn directly at 905-469-2989. If you’re ready to book your ride, you can do so below. Thanks for your interest and Happy Trails!